Generator Protection Application and Testing
Get a thorough introduction to generator protection in a combination of theoretical and hands-on sessions. Get familiar with generator protection relays from different manufacturers. Learn how to efficiently test generator protection relays.
- Become familiar with synchronous generator types used by utilities and industry
- Understand the key principals of generator protection
- Use Test Universe to effectively commission or test modern generator protective relays
- Learn to avoid common testing and maintenance pitfalls
- Become familiar with generator protection event record analysis
You will receive a personal email with all course information such as agenda and route directions shortly before the training course.
The training course covers the following 6 topics plus hands-on testing:
- Introduction and Basic Concepts
- Protection connections
- Stator Ground Fault Protection
- Stator phase fault protection schemes
- Abnormal Operating Conditions
- System Backup Protection
- Laboratory Testing
Introduction and Basic Concepts
- Fundamental concepts
- Generator types
- Basics of generator control
- Generator Grounding
- Open delta and wye potential transformer connections
- CT polarity conventions
- Efficient test connections
- Metering checks
Stator Ground Fault Protection
- Ground fault protection for direct and low impedance grounded machines
- Ground fault protection for high impedance grounded machines
Stator phase fault protection schemes
- Generator phase differential
- Split phase differential
- Overcurrent protection
Abnormal Operating Conditions
- Phase over/under voltage
- Reverse power
- Loss of field
- Negative sequence overcurrent protection
- Over current protection
- Potential fuse loss
- Out of step
- Over/under frequency protection
System Backup Protection
- Phase Distance
- Phase overcurrent
- Neutral overcurrent
- Beckwith M-3425A
- SEL 300G
Day 1: 01:00 p.m. - 05:00 p.m.
Day 2: 08:00 a.m. - 04:00 p.m.
Day 3: 08:00 a.m. - 04:00 p.m.
Day 4: 08:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m
- Course Description 53 KB Subject
„Excellent course content superbly delivered in nice environment. "Pat on the back!"“
Through our courses, you will gain thorough knowledge of assets and applications in electrical power systems.
Benefit from an efficient mix of live presentations of the device, logically arranged theory content and practical measurements.
Our experienced trainer takes your specific questions into account during the training. Every participant has the possibility to discuss questions with the group members and the trainer.