IEC 61850 Advanced
Get a thorough introduction to the IEC 61850 standard in a combination of theoretical and hands-on sessions. Get familiar with the IEC 61850 implementation in IEDs from different manufacturers. Learn how to efficiently test IEC 61850 substations with the CMC test system, IEDScout and SVScout.
Participants gain a more in-depth understanding of the IEC 61850 standard and its practical application. The training focuses on recent developments around the standard as well as on specific topics and applications for advanced users.
The OMICRON IEC 61850 testing tools are practically applied for more complex analyses and testing. Detailed and practically explained engineering knowledge will be exchanged.
After completion of the seminar each participant will have a good understanding of:
- New possibilities as defined in Edition 2 of the standard
- Related topics as time synchronization and redundancy
- Client-Server-Communication as used for SCADA and its analysis
- GOOSE details & analysis
- Engineering possibilities and tools
- Advanced testing features
- Sampled Values for real time communication of measured values
- This course is conducted by our training partner Alectrix in Johannesburg, Midrand.
- The registration and invoicing process is handled by Alectrix.
- Please register directly with Alectrix.
Please find the course description here:
Please register here:
Mr. Richard Still
Tel.: (+27) 21 790 1665
Alectrix (Pty) Ltd
15 Clyde Street
Hout Bay 7806
„All topics were very interesting and very well presented by the instructor.“
Through our courses, you will gain thorough knowledge of assets and applications in electrical power systems.
Benefit from an efficient mix of live presentations of the device, logically arranged theory content and practical measurements.
You will receive comprehensive manuals for later reference.