Become familiar with the IEC 61850 standard, which defines the communication between devices in a substation and the related system requirements as well as all substation automation functions and their engineering. Understand how to implement the standard as well as how to test IEDs utilizing GOOSE messages.
After completion of the seminar each participant will have a good understanding of:
- The standard and its application in a substation environment
- Terminology used in the IEC61850 environment
- Differences/similarities between a conventional system and an IEC61850 system
- Implementation of the standard
- How to test Intelligent Electronic Devices (IEDs) utilizing GOOSE (Generic Object Oriented Substation Event) messages.
- This course is conducted by our training partner Alectrix in Johannesburg, Midrand.
- The registration and invoicing process is handled by Alectrix.
- Please register directly with Alectrix.
Please find the course description here:
Please register here:
Mr. Richard Still
Tel.: (+27) 21 790 1665
Alectrix (Pty) Ltd
15 Clyde Street
Hout Bay 7806
„Theoretical and practical units came one after another so that the things learned could be applied immediately.“
Through our courses, you will gain thorough knowledge of assets and applications in electrical power systems.
Benefit from an efficient mix of live presentations of the device, logically arranged theory content and practical measurements.
You will receive comprehensive manuals for later reference.