The North American OMICRON-hosted event team is thrilled to unveil our upcoming 2024 Spring events! Explore our schedule of events at events.omicronenergy.com/NA-Events. These events provide an excellent opportunity to learn from industry experts, connect with fellow professionals, and acquire tools to excel in the power industry.
Additionally, we've included the 2024 Fall OMICRON-hosted Event postcard below, which is available for digital use or printing. Feel free to display it in a visible location.
Participating in our OMICRON-hosted events in North America enables you to earn NETA Continuing Technical Development Credits (CTDs) or Professional Development Hours (PDHs). Join us for enriching experiences and valuable insights!
Protection Testing Online Series
This live virtual series consists of 5 different technical sessions based on protection testing topics within two-hour blocks. Each session will provide background application information, instruction on using the relevant tools, and a demonstration of the content. Since each session is live, the instructors have the opportunity to respond to written questions submitted via chat throughout the session.
What To Expect
- Relay Testing: Tips, Tricks, & Troubleshooting
- Understanding Symmetrical Components and related Protection Functions for relay technicians
- Building Automated Test Plans in the Test Universe Control Center
- Troubleshooting OMICRON Protection Test templates and other automated test plans
- Commissioning IEC 61850 Digital Substations, a task overview
- February 1, 2024
- February 8, 2024
- March 7, 2024
- March 14, 2024
- April 18, 2024
Recloser & Distribution Automation Workshop
Join us to hear presentations on Reclosers and Distribution Automation technologies. This event is truly unique in our industry because it brings together the "who's who" from utilities along with the leading manufacturers to discuss and share experiences in distribution automation.
What To Expect
- Introduction to IEC 61850 and Digital Substations
- IEC 61850 Protection Testing
- Transformer and Generator Current Differential Protection Application and Testing
- End-to-End Testing Theory and Application
- Traveling Wave Protection Application and Testing
- April 3-4, 2024
Northeast Power and Energy Conference (NEPEC)
As in the past, NEPEC's mission is to foster a special community of power professionals in the Northeast. This event continues to provide professionals from industry, academia, utilities, government, and manufacturers an opportunity to exchange knowledge on systems, equipment and designs responsible for generating, transmitting, and distributing electric power. It also provides the latest updates on industry regulations and standards.
The main program is a two-day event with morning and afternoon sessions on Wednesday and Thursday. We are excited to announce that we will be offering four optional tutorials. The tutorials will be scheduled on Tuesday before the conference begins.
What To Expect
- Grid Modernization
- Digital Substations
- Microgrid Systems
- Renewable Integration and Distribution Systems
- Training the Power Utility Workforce
- May 21-23, 2024
- A Webinar Beyond PowerPoint
- Learn the Latest Experiences from Peers Located in the Northeast
- Live Interactive Virtual Event
- Q&A with Industry Experts
- Tutorials - earn CEU's