OMICRON is hosting its 6th Annual Canada Protection Symposium (CPS) - Special Virtual Event starting at 10 AM Eastern Time (ET) Tuesday, November 30 - December 2, 2021, leading the discussion on emerging and new technologies in the electric power industry on protection, automation, and control. This event cost is CAD$150.00 plus tax.
Seats are limited.
Registration closes on November 30, 2021.
On November 30, 2021, OMICRON is also providing two optional pre-conference tutorials. This year's two tutorials are Digital Substation Cybersecurity and System-Based Testing - A new way for testing protection systems. Each tutorial costs CAD$50.00 plus tax.
This year we are excited to have an "Opening Keynote Panel Session" with three industry leaders from IEEE Power and Energy Society (PES). They will share their thoughts on industry topics and trends, including:
- Strategies for Reduction of Carbon Footprint
- Grid Modernization
- Electrification of Transportation System
- Wildfire Mitigation and Climate Change
- Resiliency vs. Reliability
- Challenges of Renewable Energy
- Workforce Development
- Value of Distributed Energy Resources (DER)
The panel will be very interactive with questions from the audience. Join the discussion!
Expert Industry Panelists:
- Dr. Jessica Bian, President, IEEE PES President and Vice President Grid Services, Grid-X Partners
- Dr. Mazana Armstrong, IEEE PES Vice President Chapters, Senior Manager PowerTech Labs.
- Dr. Damir Novosel, IEEE PES Past President and President of Quanta Technology
In addition to the Opening Keynote Panel, we have more than 20 other speakers covering various topics, case studies, and best practices.