Is passion for innovative solutions and outstanding product quality always enough? No, of course not! Because nobody can claim to think about all customer needs right from the start. This is another reason why customer feedback is always welcome in order to improve our test sets and adapt it to the practical requirements in the field.
The COMPANO 100 is a highlight in this respect: the battery-powered testing device, which is particularly easy to operate, is ideal for all basic on-site tests. And it is precisely this simplicity of the system that creates room for ideas on how to make the most of the device's technical features and further increase its practicability.
The COMPANO 100 user Alexander Muth from www.proconplanet.com already uses the increased current resolution which comes with the software update. In his hands-on video, he explains how to test wattmetric earth-fault relays with the new possibility.
The software update for COMPANO 100 to version 2.20 is available as free download in the customer portal and brings the following new features:
- AUX DC mode for V OUT: The voltage output V OUT can now alternatively be used as a dedicated DC supply for devices. This allows, for example, protection relays to be supplied with energy (up to 500 mA / 45 W) even outside of a running test order to adapt relay settings or read out results.
- Loading and saving configuration profiles on a USB stick: Configuration profiles can now be stored on a USB stick in clear hierarchies in order to transfer them to another COMPANO 100, for example. This allows FLEX sequences to be centrally prepared for testing certain relay functions and distributed to maintenance teams with COMPANO 100.
- Further improvements in the software
- Increased frequency granularity in the ramp function, improves the test possibilities of frequency relays.
- Higher current resolution at low currents in the 20 A range allows direct testing of earth-fault relays.
- Phase angles are no longer limited to +/-180°. This simplifies testing on directional relays.
In addition, new accessories for COMPANO 100 are now supported:
- Voltage transformer VBO4: In connection with VBO4 output voltages of up to 750 V are possible, whereby also tests at low voltage relays in the industry as well as protection devices for renewable energies can be accomplished. In addition, common voltage indicators and intelligent short-circuit indicators in the medium voltage can be tested directly.
- CBF1 for testing self-powered relays: COMPANO 100 is ideal for testing self-powered relays due to battery operation. However, some types of these relays may cause severe interferences on the current path due to the integrated switched-mode power supply, which can cause problems with test equipment. With the new CFB1 accessory, many of these relays can now be reliably tested with COMPANO 100.
- Binary output extension BNO1: With the new accessory BNO1 it is possible to convert the voltage output of COMPANO 100 into a binary output. This can be used, for example, to test the timing of logic functions or to trigger circuit-breakers specifically for measuring switching times.