Shot and ramp tests in the P-Q power plane with advanced features
The Advanced Power test modules are used wherever the visualization and assessment in the complex P-Q plane is helpful or essential. Testing applications include load shedding based on power or frequency criteria, stability functions like Q-V protection, power swing blocking, and rotating machinery protection.
- Complex power ramps
- Contiguous (gap-free) ramp segments for power swing trajectories, etc.
- Linear P-Q ramps (along a straight line in the P-Q plane)
- Linear S-φ ramps (along an arc defined in the P-Q plane)
- Smooth or step ramps with time-linear change in P, Q, S or φ (1 ms resolution)
- Ramp assessment according to timing and/or thresholds and/or according to defined protection zone boundaries
- Linear frequency change supported (e.g. generator acceleration / deceleration)
- Impedance (R-X) view
- Test object characteristics defined in the R-X plane, such as loss of field and distance protection,
may be transformed into and shown in the P-Q power view
- Impedance transformation depending on operating mode (const. voltage or const. current)
- Frequency setting per test state
- Test repetition with statistical analysis
- Mirrored/scaled currents for a second current triple to avoid pick-up of differential elements
Power Module - Generator Protection Part I
Power Module - Generator Protection Part II
Power Module - Q-V-Protection Part I
Get in touch
Need more details?
Get a quotation?
Request for a demo?
Contact us now