Shot and ramp tests in the P-Q power plane with advanced features
In addition to all of the features found in the Power module, Advanced Power also offers dynamic and more sophisticated testing features such as smooth ramps and trajectories through characteristics, mapping of impedance zones into the P-Q plane, frequency variation and more.
In addition to all of the features found in the Power module, Advanced Power also offers dynamic and more sophisticated testing features such as
- smooth ramps and trajectories through characteristics
- mapping of impedance zones (e.g. of a distance relay) into the P-Q plane
- frequency variation
- and more
- Complex power ramps
- Contiguous (gap-free) ramp segments for power swing trajectories, etc.
- Linear P-Q ramps (along a straight line in the P-Q plane)
- Linear S-φ ramps (along an arc defined in the P-Q plane)
- Smooth or step ramps with time-linear change in P, Q, S or φ (1 ms resolution)
- Ramp assessment according to timing and/or thresholds and/or according to defined protection zone boundaries
- Linear frequency change supported (e.g. generator acceleration / deceleration)
- Impedance (R-X) view
- Test object characteristics defined in the R-X plane, such as loss of field and distance protection, may be transformed into and shown in the P-Q power view
- Impedance transformation depending on operating mode (const. voltage or const. current)
- Frequency setting per test state
- Test repetition with statistical analysis
- Mirrored/scaled currents for a second current triple to avoid pick-up of differential elements
This module is part of the Test Universe software. For more information please refer to the Test Universe website.