To take action on weak insulations quickly, the failure location must be known. Upcoming insulation defects already produce measurable partial discharges (PD). These partial discharges emit electrical impulses and acoustic signals at the same time.
The PDL 650 measures acoustic signals with multiple sensors spread over the transformer. Then the software determines the failure location using the time difference of all incoming signals. Finally, these coordinates are shown in a 3D model of the transformer.
- Efficient because repairs and spare parts are predictable when failure location is known
- Easy creation of reports and records
- Safe due to galvanic separation of operator from high-voltage
- Convenient and handy through light weight, small size and battery operation
- Manufacturing process of transformers
- Final acceptance test at transformer manufacturers
- Yearly maintenance of transformers
- Localizing failures prior to necessary repairs