Handheld polarity checker
The CPOL2 can be used as an accessory for several OMICRON test sets:
- CMC*, COMPANO 100, CPC 100 and CT Analyzer
It offers the following functionalities and features:
- Polarity check of current transformers and voltage transformers (CTs and VTs)
- Polarity check of terminals and wiring connected to CTs and VTs
- Handheld device with exchangeable measuring tips
- High sensitivity and accuracy
- Magnetic back side of the housing allows attachment to control cabinets, etc.
With an OMICRON test set a special polarity check signal is injected, for example, into the primary side of a CT. Based on this injected signal the CPOL2 indicates whether the CT, as well as all connected wiring and metering or protection devices are connected with the correct polarity (green LED) or not (red LED). This polarity check approach replaces the test method that used batteries and conventional multimeters and which resulted in core saturation and subsequent maloperation of the protection.
The handheld CPOL2 with its high sensitivity is ideal for on-site applications and can be easily operated by a single person.
The CPOL2 can be used with the polarity checker software of Test Universe, and the Wiring Check tool of CMControl P, as well as the CT Analyzer, COMPANO 100 and CPC 100 software.
* All CMC test sets except CMC 850