Advanced partial discharge measurement and analysis system
High-performance partial discharge testing
The MPD 600 is an advanced partial discharge (PD) measurement and analysis system. It can be used for many different PD testing applications on electrical equipment. The modular system enables both single- and multi-channel PD measurements in test labs and in the field. All measurement signals are recorded, analyzed and displayed at the same time. Advanced noise suppression and source separation techniques ensure that only PD pulses from the test object are analyzed.
MPD 600 at a glance
Satisfied customers worldwide
The MPD 600 PD measurement and analysis system is used worldwide for type and quality control testing at many well-known manufacturers of electrical equipment. It is also used by utilities, industrial plants and service companies for the regular inspections and maintenance of electrical equipment. The MPD 600 is also an important research tool at test laboratories and universities.
“Our MPD 600 offers you highly reliable measurement and in-depth partial discharge analysis on various electrical assets, even in areas with heavy interference.”
- Unsurpassed immunity to interference for partial discharge measurements, even under difficult operating conditions
- High measurement accuracy thanks to completely digital data processing
- Safe operation through use of fiber optic cables for complete galvanic isolation
- Recording and playback of measurements with full function control
- IEC 60270-compliant partial discharge measurement, confirmed by an independent testing institute
- Transformer testing
- On-site testing and fault localization in cables
- Gas-insulated switchgear (GIS) with extension (also in the UHF range)
- Measurements on rotating machines
- Lab measurements on medium and high-voltage components
Learn more about partial discharge testing and monitoring
Visit our partial discharge (PD) knowledge platform to learn more about PD testing and monitoring. It provides you with videos and short articles about the importance of PD measurement and analysis as well as the reliable PD detection methods used for locating insulation defects in a variety of electrical assets. In addition, you can choose an OMICRON Academy webinar course for practical PD knowledge.
Partial Discharge Measurement Noise Suppression
Synchronous Multi-Channel Partial Discharge Measurement
Partial Discharge Analysis: Sensitivity, Speed & More
Download the latest software version for MPD 600 in our Customer Portal.