RIV measurement calibrator
Our RIV1 calibrator is used for the calibration of high-voltage partial discharge (PD) test set-ups on power, current and voltage transformers. It enables the reliable calibration of the multi-channel MPD measurement system for PD measurement based on Radio Influence Voltage (RIV) according to NEMA and CISPR standards.
To calibrate the MPD measurement system, the RIV1 calibrator injects a voltage across the test object at a pre-defined frequency within a range of 100 kHz to 2 MHz and thereby adapted to surrounding noise conditions.
In addition to adjusting the signal frequency, the output voltage can also be adjusted. The output voltage of both versions can be adjusted from 10 µV to 10 mV and you can choose between Peak and RMS mode.
The RIV1 comes in two versions with two different output impedances to meet different standards. The RIV1-NEMA ensures a low output impedance (<2 Ω) required for a very stable output voltage to meet standards like NEMA 107-1987 or IEEE C57.12.90. The RIV1-CISPR provides an output impedance of 20 kΩ required by standards like CISPR 18-2 (2) and by IEC 60437.
Special RIV versions of OMICRON CPL 542 measurement impedances are also available for RIV measurements according to NEMA 107 1987 or CISPR 18 2 and covering currents of 0.5 up to 2 A.
- Adjustable signal frequency and output voltage to match application requirements
- Application-specific versions of RIV calibrators and measurement impedances ensure fully compliance to applicable measurement standards
- Complies with all parts of RIV related NEMA, IEEE, IEC and CISPR standards
- Independent power supply with built-in battery
- The RIV1 calibrator is used for the calibration of high-voltage partial discharge (PD) test set-ups on power, current and voltage transformers