Testing of the voltage dependent overcurrent starting function of distance relays
VI Starting tests the voltage dependent overcurrent starting characteristic used in many distance relays. Additionally, it is a perfect tool for many tests on overcurrent and undervoltage functions. For any specified test point, it detects the pick-up value, the drop-off value, and the ratio.
- Automatic finding of characteristics
- Automatic testing according to specified characteristics
- Automatic determination of pick-up and drop-off values
- Separate characteristics for phase-to-ground and phase-to-phase starting
- Intuitive operation with graphical representation of the test
- Clear representation of results in tabular and graphical form
- Easy fault specification with fault type and fault quantities
- Generation of realistic test quantities with models for phase-to-ground, two-phase and three–phase faults
- Phasor diagram with additional numeric display of the test quantities
This module is part of the Test Universe software. For more information please refer to the Test Universe website.