Automated Power System Protection Testing
You will learn how to efficiently test overcurrent, distance and transformer differential relays with the OMICRON Test Universe. Become familiar with the test procedures in theoretical and hands-on sessions and get to know the benefits of automated testing and reusable test templates.
- Get familiar with the CMC test set and the Test Universe software for testing overcurrent protection relays
- Get to know important safety aspects for test preparation and execution
- Refresh your technical knowledge of overcurrent, distance and differential protection
- Be able to choose the appropriate software modules for testing distance and transformer differential relays
- Become more efficient in testing by creating and expanding reusable test plans
- Know the OMICRON support options including technical support, knowledge library and the worldwide community
- Get to know the full range of OMICRON solutions for protection testing
- Power system protection principles and typical substation topologies
- Overview of protection testing basics
- Introduction to the OMICRON Control Center (OCC) and relevant test modules
- Modelling of the relay characteristics in the Test Object for subsequent testing
- Test setup and configuration options for the CMC test set
- Quick current and voltage output for easy wiring tests
- Fundamentals of non-directional overcurrent protection functions
- Creating a reusable test plan (OCC file) for testing non-directional overcurrent relays
- Hands-on testing of non-directional overcurrent protection
- Fundamentals of distance, ground fault and transformer differential protection functions
- Creating a reusable test plan for testing distance relays
- Creating a reusable test plan for testing transformer differential relays
- Testing ground fault protection with RelaySimTest using realistic network simulation
- Hands-on testing of distance and transformer differential relays as well as ground fault protection function
Day 1: 08:30 – 17:00 h
Day 2: 08:30 – 17:00 h
Day 3: 08:30 – 17:00 h
Training provided by OMICRON sales partner.
BLICHFELD POWER & MEASUREMENTS A/S
Birkemosevej 11 D
Contact Person: Bo Rask Pedersen
Mobile:+45 7552 2020
mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please register here: http://blichfeld.dk/seminar/
Cut off date for registration is 15 May 2022.
The application is binding and the training fee must be paid before the course starts.
After the course the participants will receive a certificate on completion of the course.
Technical staff from utilities or companies working mainly in commissioning or maintenance testing
Basic knowledge of power system protection
Test Universe: QuickCMC, Ramping, Pulse Ramping, State Sequencer, Overcurrent, Advanced Distance, Advanced Differential
OMICRON Control Center
RelaySimTest, CMControl, ADMO
„The students were always in the center of attention.“
Through our courses, you will gain thorough knowledge of assets and applications in electrical power systems.
Benefit from an efficient mix of live presentations of the device, logically arranged theory content and practical measurements.
You will receive comprehensive manuals for later reference.