Comprehensive insulation diagnostics of rotating machines
Become familiar with the principles of diagnostics on motors and generators. Get the most out of the test equipment. Learn how to perform practical combined measurements and to identify defects.
- Knowing the structure of HV generator stators and their typical weak points
- Understanding the combined measurement method to benefit from combined / more accurate / comprehensive results
- Performing the measurement method professionally and efficiently
- Assessing the measurement results to draw conclusions on the insulation for condition-based maintenance planning
- Summary of most common defects of stator and rotor windings
- Typical causes for insulation ageing (thermal, mechanical and electrical)
- Introduction to the design of stator windings
- Overview of measurement methods for generator diagnostics
- References to the applicable standards based on a practical approach
- Becoming familiar with a combined setup for capacitance, dissipation/power factor and partial discharge measurement for time-efficient and comprehensive measurements
- Utilizing the full scope of the test equipment
- Assessment of the capacitance and dissipation factor measurement results
- Recognizing PD patterns and identifying defects in the insulation or winding
- Analysing case studies of most common defects on stator windings
Technical staff involved in motor/generator diagnostics, service and maintenance at utilities, service companies, generator manufacturers and repair workshops
Knowledge of generators and motors
CPC 100, CP TD12/15, CP CR 600
MPD 600, MPD 800
„What really impresses me is the flexibility of the trainer to answer all the questions with the right method for each and every person.“
Benefit from an efficient mix of live presentations of the device, logically arranged theory content and practical measurements.
You will receive comprehensive manuals for later reference.
Our experienced trainer takes your specific questions into account during the training. Every participant has the possibility to discuss questions with the group members and the trainer.