Cybersecurity in Substations - Important Aspects for Electrical Engineers
Get a concise overview of cyber threats in substations and their countermeasures. Learn how to actively contribute to reduce your substation’s exposure to potential attacks. Become familiar with the underlying aspects for a comprehensive Cybersecurity strategy for substation networks.
- Understanding the attack vectors of modern substations
- Getting to know the main security threats when working in substations
- Learning about security aspects when IEC 61850 communication is used
- Selecting the right countermeasures and preventive actions to take
- How cyberattacks on protection and control devices work
- Attack vectors of typical substations – how attackers can circumvent the firewall
- Countermeasures for each attack vector
- Security in IEC 61850 substations
- How to apply intrusion detection in substations
3:00 p.m. IST (75 min), UTC+5:30
*For the class, we will be using “Cisco Webex Training”. This is a Cisco Webex Meetings solution made available by Cisco Systems Inc. (San Jose, California, USA) to conduct our training sessions. For that purpose, your data submitted in the registration process needs to be forwarded to Cisco.
Technical staff from electric utilities or companies who utilize IEC 61850 communication or plan to use it
Knowledge of electrical engineering
- Cyber threat detection in substations with StationGuard
- Secure access to configuration and test documents with ADMO
- Cyber-secure IEC 61850 testing with StationScout
„Theoretical and practical units came one after another so that the things learned could be applied immediately.“
Through our courses, you will gain thorough knowledge of assets and applications in electrical power systems.
Benefit from an efficient mix of live presentations of the device, logically arranged theory content and practical measurements.
You will receive comprehensive manuals for later reference.