Partial discharge measurements – getting started
Become familiar with the basic principles of partial discharge measurements using the MPD system.
Learn to set-up and measure according to IEC 60270. Get an introduction to the interpretation of test results.
- Getting what are PD and how to measure them
- Measure partial discharges on high voltage devices with the MPD according to IEC 60270
- Basics of PD assessments
- What is Partial Discharge
- Types of Discharges
- Understanding how partial discharges are measured
- Connecting the MPD to high voltage devices
- Getting to know the MPD system
- Sample results using recorded streams
- Basics of interpreting partial discharge test results
3:00 p.m. AEST (90 min), UTC+10
Technical staff from electric utilities, railway and service companies as well as manufacturers to be involved in partial discharge testing
Knowledge of electrical engineering
MPD 800 and accessories
„The students were always in the center of attention.“
Through our courses, you will gain thorough knowledge of assets and applications in electrical power systems.
You will receive comprehensive manuals for later reference.
Our experienced trainer takes your specific questions into account during the training. Every participant has the possibility to discuss questions with the group members and the trainer.