Fundamentals and applications of partial discharge diagnostics with the MPD series
Become familiar with the basic principles of partial discharge measurements using the MPD system. Learn to set-up and measure according to IEC 60270 in hands-on sessions on special training equipment. Get a systematic introduction to the interpretation of test results.
- Measure partial discharges on high voltage devices with the MPD according to IEC 60270
- Monitor the quality of the production process by performing measurements on assembled parts
- Perform measurements to determine the insulation condition and identify fault types and fault location
- Getting to know the MPD system
- Understanding how partial discharges are measured
- Connecting the MPD to high voltage devices, such as power transformers, generators, motors, cables
- Getting to know the MPD software for efficient measurements
- Performing partial discharge tests according to IEC 60270 and the IEC standard of the test object
- Performing real partial discharge measurements in hands-on sessions
- Getting to know PRPD, Q(V), trend analysis
- Interpreting partial discharge test results
- Handling interferences
8am - 5pm
You will receive a tentative confirmation within a couple days of registering. Please note that due to COVID, we will update our in-person class status within 2 months of the class. Depending on the current situation at the time, we may need to pivot to a virtual training. We will not cancel.
Do NOT purchase any flights until you receive the FINAL confirmation confirming that we will still be hosting the in-person class.
This class is eligible for PDH and NETA Credits.
If you are interested in partial discharge, we also encourage you to join our free monthly PD webinar series that goes through July 2021. Click here to learn more and view upcoming topics.
Technical staff from electric utilities, railway and service companies as well as manufacturers to be involved in partial discharge testing
Knowledge of electrical engineering
MPD series and accessories
„It is really amazing and pretty easy for me to understand the matter with the examples the trainer has carried out.“
Through our courses, you will gain thorough knowledge of assets and applications in electrical power systems.
Benefit from an efficient mix of live presentations of the device, logically arranged theory content and practical measurements.
You will receive comprehensive manuals for later reference.