Fundamentals and applications of partial discharge diagnostics with the MPD series
Become familiar with the basic principles of partial discharge measurements using the MPD system. Learn to set-up and measure according to IEC 60270 in hands-on sessions on special training equipment. Get a systematic introduction to the interpretation of test results.
- Measure partial discharges on high voltage devices with the MPD according to IEC 60270
- Monitor the quality of the production process by performing measurements on assembled parts
- Perform measurements to determine the insulation condition and identify fault types and fault location
- Getting to know the MPD system
- Understanding how partial discharges are measured
- Connecting the MPD to high voltage devices, such as power transformers, generators, motors, cables
- Getting to know the MPD software for efficient measurements
- Performing partial discharge tests according to IEC 60270 and the IEC standard of the test object
- Performing real partial discharge measurements in hands-on sessions
- Getting to know PRPD, Q(V), trend analysis
- Interpreting partial discharge test results
- Handling interferences
8am - 5pm
*** Class may Pivot to Virtual if Needed ***
You will receive a tentative confirmation within a couple days of registering. Please note that due to COVID, we will update our in-person class status within 2 months of the class. Depending on the current situation at the time, we may need to pivot to a virtual training. We will not cancel.
Do NOT purchase any flights until you receive the FINAL confirmation confirming that we will still be hosting the in-person class.
What does this mean if this class goes virtual?
We will will still cover ALL the same topics as the in-person class, but the hands-on portion will be reduced to being done by the instructor. We will change the duration to 1/2 a day and reduce the price of the class to $360. Anyone who paid the in-person class fee, will receive a refund of the difference.
This class is eligible for PDH and NETA Credits.
If you are interested in partial discharge, we also encourage you to join our free monthly PD webinar series that goes through July 2021. Click here to learn more and view upcoming topics.
Technical staff from electric utilities, railway and service companies as well as manufacturers to be involved in partial discharge testing
Knowledge of electrical engineering
MPD series and accessories
„Theoretical and practical units came one after another so that the things learned could be applied immediately.“
Benefit from an efficient mix of live presentations of the device, logically arranged theory content and practical measurements.
You will receive comprehensive manuals for later reference.
Our experienced trainer takes your specific questions into account during the training. Every participant has the possibility to discuss questions with the group members and the trainer.