Line impedance measurements with CPC 100 & CP CU1
Learn about the importance of accurate knowledge of line impedances for reliable distance protection performance. Get an overview of how to perform a line impedance measurement with CPC 100 and CP CU1. Learn how to assess line impedance measurement results for validity and how to apply the distance protection relay performance check.
- Understanding the working principle of distance protection relays
- Calculation versus measurement of line impedances
- Connecting the test set to a power line by following relevant safety procedures
- Interpreting the results of the line impedance measurement and get the relevant data for the distance relay settings
- Overview of mutual coupling impedance applications
- K-factor theory for understanding of relay parameterization
- Examples of zone reaches due to inaccurate line impedance estimation
- Connection of the test set to the power line
- Performing and assessing line impedance measurements by means of a dedicated EXCEL template
- Noise suppression considerations
- Using RelaySimTest for the assessment of impedance-related relay settings
3:00 p.m. AEST (90 min), UTC+10
Primary Field-Testing Staff
Knowledge of electrical engineering
Basic knowledge of protection engineering
The line impedance EXCEL template
The CP CU1 and CP GB1
„Theoretical and practical units came one after another so that the things learned could be applied immediately.“
Through our courses, you will gain thorough knowledge of assets and applications in electrical power systems.
Benefit from an efficient mix of live presentations of the device, logically arranged theory content and practical measurements.
Our experienced trainer takes your specific questions into account during the training. Every participant has the possibility to discuss questions with the group members and the trainer.