Live Online Training: Automated distance and differential protection testing with CMC
You will learn how to efficiently test distance and transformer differential relays with the OMICRON Test Universe. Become familiar with the test procedures in theoretical and live-demo sessions and get to know the benefits of reusable test templates.
- Strengthen your testing skills with the CMC hardware and the Test Universe software
- Refresh your technical knowledge on distance and transformer differential protection functions
- Be able to choose the appropriate software modules for testing distance and transformer differential relays
- Become more efficient in testing by creating and expanding reusable test plans
- Get to know the full range of OMICRON solutions for protection testing
- Power system protection principles and typical substation topologies
- Fundamentals of distance, ground fault and transformer differential protection functions
- Working with OMICRON Control Center (OCC) test plans
- Modelling the relay characteristics in the Test Object and configuring the CMC test set
- Creating a reusable test plan for testing distance relays including
- testing the trip times
- verifying the zone reaches
- Creating a reusable test plan for testing transformer differential relays including
- testing the stability during external faults
- testing the tripping characteristic and times
- testing harmonic restraint function
- Testing ground fault protection with RelaySimTest using realistic network simulation
- Live-demo of testing of distance and transformer differential relays as well as ground fault protection function
Technical staff from utilities or companies working mainly in commissioning or
Training course “Power System Protection Testing 1” or equivalent knowledge
Test Universe: Advanced Distance, Advanced Differential
OMICRON Control Center
„The students were always in the center of attention.“
Through our courses, you will gain thorough knowledge of assets and applications in electrical power systems.
Benefit from an efficient mix of live presentations of the device, logically arranged theory content and practical measurements.
Our experienced trainer takes your specific questions into account during the training. Every participant has the possibility to discuss questions with the group members and the trainer.