Online-Course: Automated recloser control testing with ARCO 400
Learn how to test all kinds of recloser and sectionalizer controls quickly and reliably with ARCO 400. Get familiar with the software guided workflow of ARCO Control and learn how to prepare reusable test plans for standardized testing. Work with different recloser controls to gain immediate testing experience.
- Become familiar with the theory of reclosers and their application in the distribution system
- Perform easy and efficient tests of all kinds of recloser and sectionalizer controls
- Practice three-phase testing of recloser controls with ARCO Control
- Learn about voltage based distribution system restoration and how to test it
- Prepare reusable test plans with ReCoPlan for standardized and time-saving tests
- Theoretical background of reclosers and sectionalizers, their protective functions and automated distribution restoration schemes
- Getting to know the easy test setup of ARCO 400 and its smart controller adapters
- Performing simple manual trip and close checks just with the ARCO hardware
- ARCO Control overview
- Performing wiring checks
- Determining pick-up values of overcurrent curves
- Testing the reclosing sequence of recloser controls under various conditions
- Testing overcurrent operating characteristics
- Getting to know the testing principles of voltage based restoration schemes
- Testing harmonic inrush restraint and blocking functions
- Creating test plans with ReCoPlan and executing them with ARCO Control
- Live demo with recloser controllers from different manufacturers
Technical staff from electric utilities, service companies and manufacturers involved in recloser maintenance, installation and testing
Basic knowledge about distribution systems and protective devices
Different controller adapters
„It’s nice that the instructors actually know what they’re talking about.“
Through our courses, you will gain thorough knowledge of assets and applications in electrical power systems.
Benefit from an efficient mix of live presentations of the device, logically arranged theory content and practical measurements.
Our experienced trainer takes your specific questions into account during the training. Every participant has the possibility to discuss questions with the group members and the trainer.