Online-Course: Cybersecurity in Digital Substations
A well-balanced mix of presentation and live demonstration by our trainer will familiarize you with the basic terminology of Cybersecurity and their relevancy in digital substations. Get an overview on cyber threats in substations and the countermeasures. You will learn how the networks of the substations can be invaded and how protection and control units can be affected. How this can be countered with the Intrusion Detection System (IDS) StationGuard will be the main topic of the course. Learn how to detect threats, understand alarms and monitor your network with StationGuard.
- Understand the basics of Cybersecurity
- Learn how cyberattacks in digital substation are operating
- Get to know the most important preventive measures and choose adequate countermeasures
- Learn what to consider when dealing with OT Cybersecurity
- Understand the contribution of IDS in substations
- Get to know the operating principle of StationGuard
- Become familiar with parameterization and usage of StationGuard
This course takes place entirely online. From your desk, you participate in sessions with our trainer. Innovative tools and methods allow you to actively participate and interact with both the trainer and the course participants.
Subsequently, comprehensive practical parts on our digital substation will enable you to apply the knowledge you have learned during the theoretical sessions. For this, you will connect in small groups directly to our training room via remote access.
- Introduction round
- Theory session
- Practical session
- Lunch break
- Theory session
- Practical session
- Question and Answer session and discussion
A detailed agenda will be provided shortly before the training starts.
- Computer/Laptop with Internet access
- Cisco Webex access (provided by OMICRON)
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity in my own working environment
- Lessons learned from latest cyber-attacks
- Frame Conditions (e.g. ISO 27000, NIST Framework…)
- Differences and requirements in OT Security
- Attack vectors of a typical substation
- Countermeasures for common attack vectors
- Application of Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) in substations
- Characteristics of applying IDS in substation
- Usage of StationGuard: integration, functional monitoring, detection of cyber threats
- Hands-on for StationGuard: configuration, understanding alarms, assigning roles, asset management and SIEM integration, live hack
Please check your time zone before registering!
This training course is hosted by our Training Center Erlangen, Germany
from 08:30 a.m. - 05:00 p.m. CEST – Central European Summer Time (UTC + 2:00)
*For the class, we will be using “Cisco Webex Training”. This is a Cisco Webex Meetings solution made available by Cisco Systems Inc. (San Jose, California, USA) to conduct our training sessions. For that purpose, your data submitted in the registration process needs to be forwarded to Cisco.
OT and IT Substation Cybersecurity Engineers, Management and Architects
Basic knowledge of digital substation architecture and network technology
„It is really amazing and pretty easy for me to understand the matter with the examples the trainer has carried out.“
Benefit from an efficient mix of live presentations of the device, logically arranged theory content and practical measurements.
You will receive comprehensive manuals for later reference.
Our experienced trainer takes your specific questions into account during the training. Every participant has the possibility to discuss questions with the group members and the trainer.