IEC 61850 – Basics and Applications
Are you new to IEC 61850? In this training course, you get a thorough introduction to the IEC 61850 standard in a combination of theoretical and practical sessions. Work in a digital substation environment with IEDs from different vendors and network architecture for station and process bus. Learn how to efficiently navigate through IEDs and how to orient yourself in IEC 61850 substations with the help of what you have learned, supported by OMICRON’s IEC 61850 testing solutions.
- Experience the different parts of the IEC 61850 standard and understand its applications
- Work with the Client/Server, GOOSE and Sampled Values services for power utility automation
- Have an insight into the system configuration concept with the Substation Configuration Language (SCL)
- Learn about the principle of functional testing of IEC 61850 based IEDs and systems
- Basics of IEC 61850
- Data model and services
- Specific communication mappings
- Client/Server communication for SCADA applications
- GOOSE analysis and applications
- Sampled Values on the digital process bus
- Overview of the main aspects of substation communication networks
- Basics of the substation communication configuration based on the SCL
- Overview of testing in IEC 61850 environments
- Introduction to Cyber Security
- Live demo in the environment of a fully digital substation
Overview of all OMICRON IEC 61850 testing solutions.
- ISIO 200
„The students were always in the center of attention.“
Through our courses, you will gain thorough knowledge of assets and applications in electrical power systems.
Benefit from an efficient mix of live presentations of the device, logically arranged theory content and practical measurements.
You will receive comprehensive manuals for later reference.