Partial discharge diagnostics on motors and generators with the MPD series
Get an introduction to the basics of partial discharge and to the setup for conventional and unconventional measurements. Learn how to make full use of its software tools for detecting, measuring and documenting partial discharge in primary assets.
- Gaining a better insight into the theory and origin of partial discharge
- Understanding both conventional and unconventional measurement principles
- Performing time-efficient measurements for comprehensive insulation diagnostics on different assets
- Interpreting the measurement results to draw conclusions on the insulation for condition-based maintenance planning
- Basics, origin and different types of partial discharge
- Theory about HV breakdown in different insulation systems
- Measurements in time domain and frequency domain (FFT)
- Conventional measurement methods as per IEC 60270:2013
- Measurements with high-frequency current transformers (HFCT) and UHF range
- Applicable standards for PD measurements on different assets
- Offline and online measurement on different assets
- Performing measurement using 3PARD and 3FREQ methods
- Noise suppression techniques for handling of high interference levels (software & hardware approaches)
- Assessment and interpretation of PD patterns for different assets
- Practical measurement examples about calibration, 3PARD, 3FREQ on different assets
- Analysing case studies of most common defects in different assets
Day 1: 09:00 - 17:30 Uhr
Day 2: 09:00 - 17:30 Uhr
Day 3: 09:00 - 12:30 Uhr
You will receive a personal email with all course information such as agenda and route directions shortly before the training course.
Price details: The training, the training documents, the refreshments, the snacks, the lunches and one dinner are included.
The following course takes place within the same week and might be interesting:
- Comprehensive insulation diagnostics of rotating machines
30. June - 01. July 2022 | Duration: 1,5 Days
Technical staff involved in the planning or assessment of the condition monitoring of Generators and Motors
Knowledge of electrical engineering
MPD Series and accessories
MPD software with Basic and Advanced package
„I am a hands-on person so it is very beneficial for me to do this and see the test equipment working and analysing the results, it's great!“
Through our courses, you will gain thorough knowledge of assets and applications in electrical power systems.
You will receive comprehensive manuals for later reference.
Our experienced trainer takes your specific questions into account during the training. Every participant has the possibility to discuss questions with the group members and the trainer.