Partial discharge monitoring for power cables - MONCABLO
Get an overview about partial discharge testing/monitoring for power cable systems. Learn about OMICRON’s powerful permanent partial discharge monitoring system MONCABLO and it’s associated benefits. We will cover some basic theory about PD, discuss the technology that is used to detect PD during the online operation of your asset. Since online systems are connected to live systems it is crucial to understand how you can separate noise from PD as well from other defects that are superimposed.
- Get some basic understanding about PD monitoring
- Learn to identify/use permanent PD monitoring solutions for your power cable
- Understand methods to separate and interpret different PD defects
- Partial discharge theory for rotating power cables
- How to perform the measurement & the trending
- Introduction to noise suppression techniques
- How to analyze the data
- PD fault localization
- Case studies
3:00 p.m. AEST (90 min), UTC+10
This is a beginning level course.
Anyone who’s interested in partial discharge testing/monitoring solutions will benefit from this course.
No previous course or knowledge of MONCABLO is required. A basic understanding of partial discharge testing/monitoring is a benefit to maximize your learning experience.
„All topics were very interesting and very well presented by the instructor.“
Through our courses, you will gain thorough knowledge of assets and applications in electrical power systems.
Benefit from an efficient mix of live presentations of the device, logically arranged theory content and practical measurements.
You will receive comprehensive manuals for later reference.