Power System Protection Testing - Virtual Class
Learn how to efficiently test overcurrent, distance, and transformer differential relays from scratch with the OMICRON Test Universe. Get familiar with the test procedure in a series of virtual sessions.
- Performing commissioning, trouble-shooting and periodic tests of protection relays
- Testing overcurrent, distance and transformer differential relays with the OMICRON Test Universe
- Creating and modifying test plans and customized test reports
- Using the OMICRON Test Universe from scratch
- Session 1: Introduction, format, testing philosophy, CMC hardware overview, Test Universe Start Page, creating a new test plan, how to use the QuickCMC tool
- Session 2: Overcurrent protection, fault types, how to use the Overcurrent tool
- Session 3: Reclosing logic and protection overview, how to use the State Sequencer tool, Underfrequency, Undervoltage, how to use the Ramping tool
- Session 4: Distance protection overview, how to use the Advanced Distance tool
- Session 5: Differential protection overview, how to use the Advanced Differential tools
- Session 6: how to make the most efficient test plans, overview of the Protection Testing Library
- Session 7: Q&A with a panel of OMICRON engineers
10:00 a.m. CST (4 days), UTC-6
To view topic details and timing about the online class sessions, please look at the event page:
The webinar will start at 10am - Houston, TX, USA time each day
Participant Certificates will be provided only to those who register AND attend.
NETA Credits can be earned with this webinar.
IACET Credit can be earned by completing the daily quizzes after the course.
Please have everyone register individually if they want to receive the recordings or certificates.
Technical staff from electric utilities, service companies and manufacturers involved in protection testing
Basic knowledge of power system protection
Control Center, QuickCMC, Ramping, Pulse Ramping, Overcurrent, Advanced Distance, State Sequencer, Advanced Differential
„Excellent course content superbly delivered in nice environment. "Pat on the back!"“
Through our courses, you will gain thorough knowledge of assets and applications in electrical power systems.
Benefit from an efficient mix of live presentations of the device, logically arranged theory content and practical measurements.
Our experienced trainer takes your specific questions into account during the training. Every participant has the possibility to discuss questions with the group members and the trainer.