Power System Protection Testing with the OMICRON Test Universe
Learn how to efficiently test overcurrent, distance and transformer differential relays with the OMICRON Test Universe. Get familiar with the test procedure in hands-on and theoretical sessions. Work with special test set-ups that simulate the substation in the classroom.
- Performing commissioning, trouble-shooting and periodic tests of protection relays
- Testing overcurrent, distance and transformer differential relays with the OMICRON Test Universe
- Creating and modifying automated test plans and customized test reports
- Using the OMICRON Test Universe from scratch
- Quick current and voltage output for easy wiring tests
- Configuration of the test object parameters and the test hardware
- Creating test plans which adapt automatically to newly entered relay settings
- Creating a flexible test plan for overcurrent relays including testing pick-up values and trip times
- Hands-on testing of the overcurrent protection function
- Creating a flexible test plan for distance relays including testing the trip times and zone reaches as well as switch on to fault (manual close) and auto-reclosing
- Hands-on testing of distance relays
- Creating a flexible test plan for transformer differential relays including testing the stability during external faults, the tripping characteristic, the trip times and the harmonic restraints
- Hands-on testing of transformer differential relays
Day 1: 01:00 p.m. - 05:00 p.m.
Day 2: 08:00 a.m. - 04:00 p.m.
Day 3: 08:00 a.m. - 04:00 p.m.
Day 4: 08:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 01:00 p.m. - 04:00 p.m. (optional hands-on)
You will receive a tentative confirmation within a couple days of registering. Please note that due to COVID, we will update our in-person class status within 2 months of the class. Depending on the current situation at the time, we may need to cancel.
Do NOT purchase any flights until you receive the FINAL confirmation confirming that we will still be hosting the in-person class.
This class is eligible for PDH and NETA Credits.
We will be holding a virtual version of this class, please see our training page.
Technical staff from utilities, transmission and distribution networks, railway grids, service companies and manufacturers involved in protection testing
Basic knowledge of power system protection, or ideally attendance of the course Cprs51en
„I am a hands-on person so it is very beneficial for me to do this and see the test equipment working and analysing the results, it's great!“
Benefit from an efficient mix of live presentations of the device, logically arranged theory content and practical measurements.
You will receive comprehensive manuals for later reference.
Our experienced trainer takes your specific questions into account during the training. Every participant has the possibility to discuss questions with the group members and the trainer.