System-based protection testing with CMC
Learn how to efficiently create system-based protection tests with RelaySimTest. Explore a comfortable way of end-to-end testing using the TestSetRemoteAgent. Get familiar with the test procedure in hands-on and theoretical sessions. Work with special test set-ups to gain immediate testing experience.
- Exploring the benefits of system-based testing in comparison to parameter testing
- Designing different grid scenarios to create realistic fault conditions
- Simulating faults to test the behavior of your protection systems
- Using RelaySimTest from scratch
- Introduction to system-based testing
- Definition of suitable test cases for different protection schemes
- Modelling of test grid topologies in RelaySimTest
- System-based distance protection testing
- Iterative closed loop testing of the autoreclosure function
- Easy end to end testing of distance teleprotection and line differential protection
- Testing of the power swing blocking function of a distance protection relay
- Easy end to end testing of line differential protection taking CT saturation into account
- Short introduction to further test applications (e. g. busbar protection testing)
- Synchronized injection with TestSetRemoteAgent and CMGPS588
You will receive a tentative confirmation within a couple days of registering. Please note that due to COVID, we will update our in-person class status within 2 months of the class. Depending on the current situation at the time, we may need to cancel.
Do NOT purchase any flights until you receive the FINAL confirmation confirming that we will still be hosting the in-person class.
8am - 5pm, each day
This class is eligible for PDH and NETA Credits.
Technical staff from utilities, transmission and distribution networks, service companies and manufacturers involved in protection testing or grid simulation
Basic knowledge of protective relaying and protection testing
„It is really amazing and pretty easy for me to understand the matter with the examples the trainer has carried out.“
Through our courses, you will gain thorough knowledge of assets and applications in electrical power systems.
Benefit from an efficient mix of live presentations of the device, logically arranged theory content and practical measurements.
You will receive comprehensive manuals for later reference.