The mission of the Transformer Diagnostic Bulletin is to provide a collection of unbiased technical documents (i.e. guides, PowerPoints, and papers), all relating to transformer testing. The Bulletin is always available to both customers and non-customers.
Keep in mind that the latest Bulletin includes all the material shared in the most recent and past Bulletins.
Join our mailing list to stay up-to-date when new information is released. As this content is focused on applications within Canada and the US, we ask only North American customers to join the newsletter. We welcome anyone to view the page.
A Transformer Testing Toolbox: Troubleshooting Checklists, Test Plans, and Analysis Tips
The intention of this “Toolbox” is to provide a document that can be revisited as questions and issues arise when testing transformers. Try searching for commonly requested topics like,
- Troubleshooting Power Factor
- Electrostatic shield ground
- Voltage regulator
- Limits for natural ester
- Troubleshooting DC Winding Resistance
- A Guide for Using PTM and the CIBANO 500 to Test Circuit Breakers in North America
- NETA World Spring 2019 - The Value of Performing Power Factor Sweep Measurements
- The Value of Performing Power Factor Sweep Measurements on Bushings – Revision #1
- An Introduction to Electrical Diagnostic Testing of Power Transformers
- Obstacles Associated with Winding Resistance Measurements of Power Transformers
- A Systematic Approach to Analyzing Exciting Current Measurements on Power Transformers
- Applying SFRA and Leakage Reactance to Determine Mechanical Faults in Transformers
- A Guide for Performing the Anti-Pump relay check with the CIBANO 500
- A Guide for Using PTM and the TESTRANO 600 to Test Transformers
- A Guide for Using PTM and the CPC 100 to Test Transformers
- Guide for Using PTMate
- A Guide for Power Factor Testing CCVTs, PTS, and HVCTs
- CCVT, PT, and HVCT Power Factor Test Templates