The mission of the Transformer Diagnostic Bulletin is to provide a collection of unbiased technical documents (i.e. guides, PowerPoints, and papers), all relating to transformer testing. The Bulletin is always available to both customers and non-customers.
Keep in mind that the latest Bulletin includes all the material shared in the most recent and past Bulletins.
Join our mailing list to stay up-to-date when new information is released. As this content is focused on applications within Canada and the US, we ask only North American customers to join the newsletter. We welcome anyone to view the page.
Three Tips for Reducing Wasted Time When Testing Transformers
Performing offline electrical tests on transformers can be time-consuming, especially when the field measurements are not captured correctly the first time. This article identifies the electrical transformer tests that test equipment users often struggle to perform efficiently and correctly. Three field-testing tips will be provided, to address the transformer tests that are often “timesuckers”. By building awareness, test equipment users can better avoid the situations where a significant amount of time is lost due to retesting, troubleshooting, and collaborating with test equipment manufacturers.
Read the full Article
- A Guide for Using PTM and the CIBANO 500 to Test Circuit Breakers in North America
- NETA World Spring 2019 - The Value of Performing Power Factor Sweep Measurements
- The Value of Performing Power Factor Sweep Measurements on Bushings – Revision #1
- An Introduction to Electrical Diagnostic Testing of Power Transformers
- Obstacles Associated with Winding Resistance Measurements of Power Transformers
- A Systematic Approach to Analyzing Exciting Current Measurements on Power Transformers
- Applying SFRA and Leakage Reactance to Determine Mechanical Faults in Transformers
- A Guide for Using PTM and the TESTRANO 600 to Test Transformers
- A Guide for Using PTM and the CPC 100 to Test Transformers
- Guide for Using PTMate
- A Guide for Power Factor Testing CCVTs, PTS, and HVCTs
- CCVT, PT, and HVCT Power Factor Test Templates