Transformer Diagnostic Bulletin
The mission of the Transformer Diagnostic Bulletin is to provide a collection of unbiased technical documents (i.e. guides, PowerPoints, and papers), all relating to transformer testing. The Bulletin is always available to both customers and non-customers.
Keep in mind that the latest Bulletin includes all the material shared in the most recent and past Bulletins.
Join our mailing list to stay up-to-date when new information is released. As this content is focused on applications within Canada and the US, we ask only North American customers to join the newsletter. We welcome anyone to view the page.
Brandon’s Notes on Different Transformer Types
This collection of notes is intended to bring awareness to the nuances of different transformer types and configurations. This guide discusses the nuances of voltage regulators, three-winding transformers, dry-type transformers, zigzag grounding transformers, and other transformer types. This information can be helpful to you in some way when testing and managing the condition of your transformers.
A Transformer Testing Toolbox: Troubleshooting Checklists, Test Plans, and Analysis Tips
A Systematic Approach to High-Voltage Circuit Breaker Testing
Three Tips for Reducing Wasted Time When Testing Transformers
- A Guide for Using PTM and the CIBANO 500 to Test Circuit Breakers in North America
- NETA World Spring 2019 - The Value of Performing Power Factor Sweep Measurements
- The Value of Performing Power Factor Sweep Measurements on Bushings – Revision #1
- An Introduction to Electrical Diagnostic Testing of Power Transformers
- Obstacles Associated with Winding Resistance Measurements of Power Transformers
- A Systematic Approach to Analyzing Exciting Current Measurements on Power Transformers
- Applying SFRA and Leakage Reactance to Determine Mechanical Faults in Transformers
- A Guide for Performing the Anti-Pump relay check with the CIBANO 500
- A Guide for Using PTM and the TESTRANO 600 to Test Transformers
- A Guide for Using PTM and the CPC 100 to Test Transformers
- Guide for Using PTMate
- A Guide for Power Factor Testing CCVTs, PTS, and HVCTs
- CCVT, PT, and HVCT Power Factor Test Templates