Electrical Diagnostic Testing of Power Transformers
Transformers are the largest, most expensive, and highly critical components of most utility substations. To ensure a long, useful service life, it is critical that a power transformer and its ancillary components are tested regularly for incipient fault modes.
The training participants will learn how to perform and assess many of the conventional electrical diagnostic tests recommended for power transformers. The training focuses on the diagnostic testing that can, and should, be performed during regular maintenance intervals, to ensure that the transformer is in good condition, and can continue its in-service duty with minimal risk.
- Introduce the key components of a power transformer (core, insulation, windings, bushings, tap changer)
- Discuss the theory and application of many industry accepted, widely used electrical diagnostic tests
- Learn how to analyze the measurement results to properly assess the condition of a power transformer
- Learn to safely and efficiently operate the software and test equipment to obtain the correct measurements
- Discuss the most common mistakes that users make in the field
8am - 5pm each day
*** There is still a chance that in-person classes for the end of 2020 may be canceled due to COVID-19 safety measures. We will update the schedule 2 months before the class. Please contact us at academy.usa(at)omicronenergy.com for the latest status ***
You will receive a personal email with all course information such as agenda and route directions shortly before the training course.
The Following Electrical Measurements Will be Discussed and Performed:
- Power Factor and Capacitance (Overall, Bushing C1, Bushing C2, and Hot-Collar)
- Power Factor Sweep Tests
- The Exciting Current Test
- Transformer Turns-Ratio Test (TTR)
- Short-Circuit Impedance Test: Leakage Reactance
- DC Winding Resistance Test
- Sweep Frequency Response Analysis (SFRA)
- Dielectric Frequency Response Analysis (DFR)
„Tous les thèmes étaient très intéressants et très bien présentés par le formateur.“
Profitez d’un mélange efficace de présentations des équipements, de connaissances théoriques et de tests pratiques.
Vos applications particulières sont discutées pendant la formation. Les participants pourront poser les questions propres à leurs
Vous recevrez des supports de cours pour vous y référer ultérieurement.