Online-Course: Cybersecurity in Digital Substations
Get an introduction to the basics of cybersecurity and dependable systems in this beginner friendly, well-balanced mix of presentation and live demonstration by our trainer. In the theoretical part, you will learn about basic terminology, the difference between IT and OT cybersecurity, motivations, vulnerabilities, frameworks, and much more. This theoretical part is rounded up with examples and known attacks on substations and utilities. Learn how to detect threats, understand alarms, and monitor your network with the Intrusion Detection System StationGuard hands-on.
- Understand and get an introduction to the basics of cybersecurity
- Learn about different requirements for OT and IT cybersecurity and why they clash in energy distribution
- Get to know what to consider when building a dependable system and why this is necessary
- Understand the importance of cybersecurity with concrete examples and how it affects your work
- Set up the Intrusion Detection System StationGuard and learn about its benefits for OT environments
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
- Differences in requirements for OT and IT
- Opponents and Motivations
- Vulnerabilities and Attack Vectors
- Building dependable Systems
- Managing Risks
- Vulnerability Management
- Asset Inventory
- National and International Frameworks and Standards (ISO 27000, IEC 62443, …)
- Functional Monitoring in Substations
- Application of Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)
- Hands-On for StationGuard
- Understanding alarms
- Assigning Roles and setting up the configuration
Please check your time zone before registering!
This training course is hosted by our Training Center Erlangen, Germany
from 08:30 a.m. - 05:00 p.m. CEST – Central European Summer Time (UTC + 2:00)
*For the class, we will be using “Cisco Webex Training”. This is a Cisco Webex Meetings solution made available by Cisco Systems Inc. (San Jose, California, USA) to conduct our training sessions. For that purpose, your data submitted in the registration process needs to be forwarded to Cisco.
Anyone interested, OT and IT Substation Cybersecurity Engineers, Management and Architects
„C’est bon de savoir que les formateurs connaissent vraiment les sujets dont ils parlent.“
Nos formations vous permettront de vous familiariser avec les équipements et les applications des réseaux électriques.
Vos applications particulières sont discutées pendant la formation. Les participants pourront poser les questions propres à leurs
Vous recevrez des supports de cours pour vous y référer ultérieurement.