Fundamentals and applications of partial discharge diagnostics with the MPD series
Become familiar with the basic principles of partial discharge measurements using the MPD system. Learn to set-up and measure according to IEC 60270 in hands-on sessions on special training equipment. Get a systematic introduction to the interpretation of test results.
- Measure partial discharges on high voltage devices with the MPD according to IEC 60270
- Monitor the quality of the production process by performing measurements on assembled parts
- Perform measurements to determine the insulation condition and identify fault types and fault location
- Getting to know the MPD system
- Understanding how partial discharges are measured
- Connecting the MPD to high voltage devices, such as power transformers, generators, motors, cables
- Getting to know the MPD software for efficient measurements
- Performing partial discharge tests according to IEC 60270 and the IEC standard of the test object
- Performing real partial discharge measurements in hands-on sessions
- Getting to know PRPD, Q(V), trend analysis
- Interpreting partial discharge test results
- Handling interferences
Day 1: 09:00 a.m. - 05:30 p.m.
Day 2: 09:00 a.m. - 05:30 p.m.
Day 3: 09:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Technical staff from electric utilities, railway and service companies as well as manufacturers to be involved in partial discharge testing
Knowledge of electrical engineering
MPD series and accessories