IEC 61850 – System Engineering Concept and Testing in Digital Substations
You already know the basics of IEC 61850 and want to dive deeper into the advanced topics? In this course, you get a clearer picture of the system engineering concept based on the Substation Configuration Language (SCL) and learn more about testing in Digital Substation environments. In a combination of theoretical and practical sessions, you work in a fully digital substation environment with IEDs from different vendors and redundant network architecture for station and process bus with PTP time synchronization. Understand how to efficiently test all aspects of IEC 61850 substations, from single IEDs to the entire substation communication, from testing protection functions to the substation network. Experience the OMICRON IEC 61850 testing solutions!
- Know the benefits of configuring the substation communication with the help of the SCL
- Learn about different engineering approaches and see what constitutes a good SCD file
- Test Substation Automation Systems (SAS) efficiently with the help of the substation SCD file
- Set up test plans for testing IEC 61850 based protection IEDs with GOOSE and Sampled Values
- Learn about and perform testing of the main aspects of the substation communication networ
- System communication configuration and engineering based on the SCL
- Top-Down and Bottom-Up engineering approach
- Scope, content and structure of SCL files
- Testing and troubleshooting of Substation Automation Systems (SAS) based on SCL files
- Protection testing step-by-step with GOOSE and Sampled Values
- IEC 61850 test features: simulation indication (LPHD.Sim) and test mode
- Testing digital substation networks
- Network redundancy based on PRP and HSR
- Time synchronization with PTP
- Network bandwidth and propagation delay
- Traffic management using VLANs
- Live demonstration of IEC 61850 IEDs and systems in the environment of a fully digital substation
Day 1: 08:45 a.m. - 05:30 p.m.
Day 2: 09:00 a.m. - 04:00 p.m.
You will receive a personal email with all course information such as agenda and route directions shortly before the training course.
You can select your desired hotel from our hotel recommendations in UK TRAINING CENTER83 kB and book it directly according to your preferences.
All training dates are scheduled depending on COVID-19 restrictions at the time of the training taking place, and may be cancelled at any time leading up to the training course. OMICRON would highly recommend booking any hotels/transport etc which are fully flexible and can be cancelled/amended at short notice.
Technical staff from electric utilities or companies involved in project planning, commissioning or maintenance of IEC 61850 systems
Training course “IEC 61850 – Basics and Applications” (Cpuc02en) or comparable previous knowledge about IEC 61850
CMC test sets