Protection system principles and applications
Get to know to protection principles in medium and high voltage systems. Become familiar with main relay settings and fundamental protection concepts in order to check and assess them in your work area.
- Efficiently applying protection principles in medium and high voltage systems
- Considering the structure and functions of overcurrent, distance and differential relays
- Applying the main parameters of these protection relays
- Examining and assessing existing protection concepts and basic settings
- Mathematical basics to understand the major protection principles
- Principles of star point connection as a basis for optimized protection concepts
- Main parameters of CTs and VTs
- Principles, functions and settings of relay parameters for overcurrent, distance, transformer differential and busbar protection
Monday 11 Oct 13:30 – 17:00 (1/2 day)
Tuesday 12 Oct 08:30 – 17:00 (Full day)
Wednesday 13 Oct 08:30 – 17:00 (Full day)
Thursday 14 Oct 08:30 - 12:00 (1/2 day)
Training provided by OMICRON sales partner.
elsie energy experts
51 Bd des Alpes, 38240 Meylan
Contact Person: Emilien Foret
Tel: +41 22 960 58 75
mail to: email@example.com
Please register here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cut off date for registration is 2022-09-30.
Included: Training material, refreshments and lunches.
The application is binding and the training fee must be paid before the course starts.
After the course the participants will receive a certificate on completion of the course.
Technical staff involved in maintenance and planning of electrical plants and protection systems in electric utilities and service companies
Basic knowledge of electrical engineering
Operating principles of the main protection functions
Major protection parameters and their setting
Fundamental criteria to assess protection concepts