Line impedance measurements with CPC 100 & CP CU1
Learn about the importance of accurate knowledge of line impedances for reliable distance protection performance. Get an overview of how to perform a line impedance measurement with CPC 100 and CP CU1. Learn how to assess line impedance measurement results for validity and how to apply the distance protection relay performance check.
- Understanding the working principle of distance protection relays
- Calculation versus measurement of line impedances
- Connecting the test set to a power line by following relevant safety procedures
- Interpreting the results of the line impedance measurement and get the relevant data for the distance relay settings
- Overview of mutual coupling impedance applications
- K-factor theory for understanding of relay parameterization
- Examples of zone reaches due to inaccurate line impedance estimation
- Connection of the test set to the power line
- Performing and assessing line impedance measurements by means of a dedicated EXCEL template
- Noise suppression considerations
- Using RelaySimTest for the assessment of impedance-related relay settings
2 p.m. CEST (60 min), UTC +2
This webinar is hosted by our Training Center Erlangen, Germany
at 2:00 p.m. CET – Central European Time (UTC + 2:00)
Please check your time zone before registering!
1) Click Show in my Time Zone above.
2) Select your time zone.
3) Then see your local webinar times.
*For the webinar class, we will be using “Cisco Webex Training”. This is a Cisco Webex Meetings solution made available by Cisco Systems Inc. (San Jose, California, USA) to conduct our training sessions. For that purpose, your data submitted in the registration process needs to be forwarded to Cisco.
Primary Field-Testing Staff
Knowledge of electrical engineering
Basic knowledge of protection engineering
The line impedance EXCEL template
The CP CU1 and CP GB1