Live Online Training: Automated overcurrent protection testing with CMC
You will learn how to efficiently test overcurrent relays with the OMICRON Test Universe. Become familiar with the test procedures in theoretical and live demo sessions and get to know the benefits of automated testing.
- Get familiar with the CMC test set and the Test Universe software for testing overcurrent protection relays
- Get to know important safety aspects for test preparation and execution
- Refresh your technical knowledge of overcurrent protection
- Become more efficient in testing by using automated test plans
- Generate test reports customized to your needs
- Know the OMICRON support options including technical support, knowledge library and the worldwide community
- Overview of protection testing basics
- Introduction to the OMICRON Control Center (OCC) and relevant test modules
- Modelling of the relay characteristics in the Test Object for subsequent testing
- Test setup and configuration options for the CMC test set
- Quick current and voltage output for easy wiring tests
- Fundamentals of non-directional overcurrent protection functions
- Creating a reusable test plan (OCC file) for testing non-directional overcurrent relays including
- testing the pick-up values of the first and second stage
- testing the trip times of the first and second stage
- customization of the automatic test report
- Live-demo of non-directional overcurrent protection testing
This online training course is hosted by our Training Center Hong Kong S.A.R.
Please check your time zone before registering!
*For this class, we will be using a Cisco Webex Meetings solution made available by Cisco Systems Inc. (San Jose, California, USA) to conduct our training sessions. For that purpose, your data submitted in the registration process needs to be forwarded to Cisco.
Technical staff from utilities or companies working mainly in commissioning or maintenance testing
Basic knowledge of power system protection
Test Universe: QuickCMC, Ramping, Pulse Ramping, State Sequencer, Overcurrent
OMICRON Control Center