RelaySimTest is a software solution for system-based protection testing with OMICRON test equipment that takes a novel, future-oriented approach: the test is independent of relay type and relay manufacturer and the often very extensive parameter settings. Instead, it completely focuses on the correct behavior of the protection system. This is made possible by simulating realistic events in the power system.
With software version 4.20, we have improved RelaySimTest in several ways. The major improvement is the new Digital Twin (DT) testing capability that allows performing system-based protection tests with a SIEMENS SIPROTEC DigitalTwin by just one click within RelaySimTest.
The SIEMENS SIPROTEC DigitalTwin is the only digital twin of a protection relay available at the time of this release. We hope that other protection relay vendors will also embrace this exciting technology soon, so that we can extend our testing offer to provide their testing solutions as well.
Further changes include:
- Performance improvements in simulation test cases
- Progress bar during execution of test steps
- Extended frequency range for infeed in simulation test case
- Simulation of circuit breaker / disconnector auxiliary contacts before execution
- New License Manager
- The new License Manager helps handling your licenses, including the new DT Testing license, which is a user-based subscription model.
You can download the new software version in our Customer Portal (for registered users). Please find detailed information about the latest software version in the What’s New document.