The innovative testing solution for IEC 61850 substation automation systems
Simple yet Powerful
StationScout simplifies testing for Substation Automation Systems (SAS) and significantly reduces the required testing effort. It comes with a robust and powerful hardware that allows users to simulate multiple IEDs with secure isolation to the SAS networks. This user-friendly software helps you to visualize SCL files or tracing signals within your substation without any configuration effort.
Designed for the entire lifecycle
Afraid to connect a PC to your substation system? Do you need to simulate several IEDs? Is it important to share your license?
This is why we developed the MBX1:
- No administrator rights are needed on your enterprise PCs to set up IP addresses for IED simulation.
- Enough network ports to connect to different substation networks.
- Very powerful HW for simulating many IEDs.
- The license is in the box and can be shared easily with your team.
Is it just a regular PC?
No, it has special network interfaces, a secure crypto-processor (TPM) and its rugged design makes it ideal for substation use.
StationScout provides a clear overview of the substation, visualizing the communication according to IEC 61850 in SCL files, values and states in the substation.
The communication diagram of StationScout allows you to use signal tracing, from the overview down to the detailed communication message attributes.
StationScout is able to re-use predefined test cases for an automated testing procedure.
*comes with the Commissioning License
The dedicated hardware for StationScout ensures cyber secure operation within the substation communication network.
StationScout’s powerful simulation features simplify testing and commissioning. Missing IEDs and IOs can also be simulated.
Please fill in the form to download the latest version of StationScout. For correct operation, StationScout requires a licensed MBX1 test set.
StationScout - Testing your SAS through the whole lifecycle
OMICRON'S IEC 61850 Testing Solutions
Papers & Articles
- Cybersecure features of the MBX1 platform 308 KB
- Substation Automation Systems fully under control
- Testing Substation Automation Systems with StationScout
- StationScout makes Substation Automation Systems (SAS) transparent 703 KB
- How the Engineering Design Process can simplify the Testing of Automation and Control Systems