Versatile software tool for working with IEC 61850 devices
Showing and understanding IEC 61850
IEDScout is an ideal tool for protection and substation automation engineers working with IEC 61850 devices. It provides access to the IEDs (Intelligent Electronic Devices) and performs numerous useful functions when working with them. The software can simulate entire Ed. 2 and Ed. 1 IEDs and enables users to extensively test IEDs.
Going into the details
IEDScout allows the engineer to look inside the IED and at its communication. All data modelled and exchanged becomes visible and accessible. Additionally, IEDScout serves numerous useful tasks, which could otherwise only be performed with dedicated engineering tools or even a functioning master station. IEDScout shows an overview representing the typical workflow of commissioning, but also provides detailed information upon request.
IEDScout can be operated on Windows PC or on the cyber-secure test sets MBX1 or RBX1.
Wide area of applications
- Commissioning of Substation Automation and Protection Systems
- IED Development
- Support of IEC 61850 Ed. 1 and Ed. 2, IEC 61400-25
- Works with IEC 61850 compatible IEDs from any vendor
- Investigates multiple IEDs simultaneously
- Showing the description texts as defined in the standard
- Activity Monitor – dragging any information to supervise reports, GOOSEs or the data object
- Investigates data traffic in-depth – even between other clients and servers
- Simulates IEDs
Download the latest version and try out full functionality for 30 days.
Simulating IEC 61850 IEDs with IEDScout
OMICRON’s IEC 61850 and Cybersecurity Solutions
Download the latest software version for IEDScout in our Customer Portal.