Versatile software tool for working with IEC 61850 devices
IEDScout is an ideal tool for protection and substation automation engineers working with IEC 61850 devices. It provides access to the IEDs (Intelligent Electronic Devices) and performs numerous useful functions when working with them. The software can simulate entire Ed. 2 and Ed. 1 IEDs and enables users to extensively test IEDs due to the advanced Control dialog.
IEDScout allows the engineer to look inside the IED and at its communication. All data modeled and exchanged becomes visible and accessible. Additionally, IEDScout serves numerous useful tasks, which could otherwise only be performed with dedicated engineering tools or even a functioning master station. IEDScout shows an overview representing the typical workflow of commissioning, but also provides detailed information upon request.
- Support of IEC 61850 Ed. 1 and Ed. 2, IEC 61400-25
- Works with IEC 61850 compatible IEDs from any vendor
- Investigates multiple IEDs simultaneously
- Showing the description texts as defined in the standard
- Activity Monitor – dragging any information to supervise reports, GOOSEs or the data object
- Investigates data traffic in-depth – even between other clients and servers
- Simulates IEDs
- IED Development
IEC 61850 Package
Since the different IEC 61850 testing tasks are typically performed together, OMICRON has bundled its commonly used tools in one package. It consists of IEDScout and the CMC configuration modules for GOOSE and Sampled Values.