Permanent on-line partial discharge (PD) monitoring system for power cables
Locates defects in power cables
MONCABLO is a customizable, permanently-installed system for the continuous on-line monitoring of partial discharge (PD) activity in the electrical insulation of high-voltage cable systems, including cable terminations and joints. Advanced diagnostic techniques enable you to reliably evaluate insulation condition and locate defects to prevent costly in-service failures at an early stage.
MONCABLO at a glance
Complete diagnosis of cable insulation
Using a unique patented technology, PD defects are reliably located along the entire cable length. These features enable you to make PD measurements for after-installation testing of HV cables. The system software also allows you to easily correlate PD data with the data from third-party sensors, such as temperature and oil pressure sensors, also installed on the cable system.
“With its inductive power supply, MONCABLO is also ideal for partial discharge monitoring on buried cables and cables installed in confined spaces such as underground tunnels.”
- Customizable to match cable system architecture
- PD monitoring and diagnosis features available in one system
- Synchronous PD data acquisition at all cable accessories
- Advanced PD localization along the entire cable length
- Cutting-edge web-based management, data access and visualization
- Alarm notification via Email
- Seamless integration with third-party monitoring devices and SCADA systems
- PD measurements for site acceptance testing (commissioning) of newly installed HV cables
- Continuous on-line PD monitoring of installed HV cables to prevent in-service failures