Voltage transformer testing, calibration and assessment
Sophisticated testing of inductive and capacitive voltage transformers
VOTANO 100 is the first portable device (15 kg/33 lbs) which offers highly accurate voltage transformer tests. This allows to use VOTANO 100 not only for electrical performance checks, but also for class verification and calibration.
It performs quick tests of all kinds of inductive voltage transformers (VTs) and capacitive voltage transformers (CVTs) for both protection and metering purposes.
Its light-weight design makes it ideal for on-site tests and calibration tasks in power system grids. As a manufacturer or testing lab you can use VOTANO 100 in your production facilities and test/development labs.
The voltage booster VBO2 provides the test voltage during the ratio measurement. Its integrated switchbox automatically switches between the necessary test sequences.
How VOTANO 100 works
- Uses a well-established, model-based testing method
- The method can be compared to that used by OMICRON’s CT Analyzer
- Injects low test signals into the secondary side of a VT/CVT
- Determines a VT’s/CVT’s equivalent circuit parameters
- Identifies all relevant VT/CVT performance parameters
- Displays all relevant VT/CVT parameters and its accuracy at different currents and burdens and with loaded and unloaded secondary windings
- Evaluates the VT/CVT according to the selected standard
For voltage transformer testing (VT/CVT):
- Check the electrical performance of VTs and CVTs
- Check the condition of VTs and CVTs
- Basic condition assessment for CVTs
- Tests such as ratio, phase, polarity, capacitive ratio
Additionally, for voltage transformer accuracy verification and calibration (VT/CVT):
- Verify accuracy class according to IEC, IEEE
- Test of VTs/CVTs up to rated voltages and voltage factors up to 1.9
- Class assessment
- Accuracy classes up to 0.1 for VTs and 0.2 for CVTs
Calibrating voltage transformers
Testing voltage transformers
Calibrating and testing voltage transformers