Antenna-integrated PTP Grandmaster Clock
The OTMC 100p antenna-integrated PTP Grandmaster Clock provides a quick and easy solution to time synchronize intelligent electronic devices, computers and measurement equipment connected via Ethernet.
The OTMC 100p allows to utilize the IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol (PTP) and the Network Time Protocol (NTPv4) in parallel. Due to the unique design of the OTMC 100p, no antenna cable delay compensation is needed.
The OTMC 100p’s unique design, which combines the GNSS Antenna, the GNSS Receiver and the Grandmaster Clock in one compact weatherproof housing, directly connects to the network without the need of any coaxial RF cabling. Since all time reference functionalities are combined in the outdoor mounted device, no additional in-house rack space is needed.
Due to its active GNSS Antenna and the super-sensitive 12-channel GNSS receiver the OTMC clocks provide reliable time synchronization data even under difficult reception conditions. The integrated PTP Grandmaster Clock runs a fully embedded PTP protocol stack – after setting up the clock via its platform independent web interface, it is ready to synchronize all PTP capable devices in the network.
The extremely low power consumption of the OTMC 100p, which is powered over Ethernet (PoE), significantly reduces the cost of ownership compared to a standard rack-mounted device.
- GNSS Antenna, GNSS Receiver and CPU combined in a compact, weatherproof outdoor unit
- Zero in-house footprint and no RF cabling required
- Connection via a single Ethernet cable with automatic cable length compensation up to 100 meters
- Multi-protocol support (PTP and NTP timing networks)
- Easy setup and control through a secure and platform independent web interface
- Low cost of ownership due to extremely low power consumption
- Powered over Ethernet – Easy installation, no additional power supply needed
The OTMC 100p was designed to work in any PTP capable network, but especially for the use in the electric power industry. The OTMC 100p fully supports the PTP profiles:
- IEEE 1588 default profile
- IEEE C37.238-2011
- IEEE C37.238-2017
- IEC/IEEE 61850-9-3:2016
Therefore, the OTMC 100p can be securely operated in IEC 61850 network infrastructures and the interoperability with all PTP compliant IEDs is ensured.