Sweep frequency response analyzer
More than a test device
FRANEO 800 was developed for testing the mechanical and electrical integrity of power transformers after transportation or exposure to high fault currents. It uses the sweep frequency response analysis (SFRA) principle and measures the electrical transfer function over a wide range of frequencies. With our FRANEO 800 you can improve your transformer reliability, reduce maintenance costs and prevent expensive failures.
Small details make a big difference
FRANEO 800’s overall measurement principle is based on a comparison of an actual measurement and its fingerprint in order to allow detection of deviations. Therefore, it is vital that the measurement becomes reproducible which substantially depends on the connection technique used.
The specially designed clamps and wide flat braids guarantee a reliable test setup, making FRANEO 800 less sensitive to influences from its surroundings and also easier to use.
FRANEO 800 is operated with the Primary Test Manager™ (PTM) software, the ideal solution for diagnostic testing, condition assessment and easy data management.
PTM automatically generates test plans based on the nameplate data and in accordance with international standards. Existing results can be easily imported in order to ensure a flexible, device-independent comparison. In addition, PTM offers automatic result assessment and smart features, such as the visualization of typical influences for deviations.
- Extremely small and compact device guarantees optimum usability
- Innovative connection technique ensures high level of reproducibility
- Short measurement times due to the intelligent sweep algorithm
- Highest dynamic range in SFRA testing industry (> 150 dB)
- Fully compliant with the IEC 60076-18 and IEEE C57.149 standards
FRANEO 800 can be used for transformer testing, after:
- a short-circuit event
- before and after transport
- an occurrence of high transient fault currents
- a significant change in the monitored values (for example, combustible gases) or a safety shutdown
The following tests can also be performed:
- Routine transformer condition measurement
- Verification of unusual events determined during conventional testing
Did you know our Power Transformer Bundle?
One solution for comprehensive condition diagnosis of your power transformer.
It comprises the Primary Test Manager™ software and various OMICRON test systems.
Smart operation on site
Using FRANEO 800 and the included PTM software, you can benefit from a smart combination of solutions. FRANEO 800’s intuitive design makes it easy to connect. The PTM software guides you step-by-step through test set-up, execution and assessment. The additional PTMate app extends the feature set to your smartphone, such as individual wiring diagrams, and a dedicated START/STOP measurement button.