Cyber security and functional monitoring for substations
Detect cyber attacks promptly
The Intrusion Detection System (IDS) StationGuard monitors Ethernet networks in substations and identifies suspicious behavior, prohibited actions, and malfunctions on the IEC 61850 station or process bus.
With this combination of cyber security and functional monitoring, not only can new threats and as yet unknown attack scenarios be identified, but different kinds of malfunctions in the substation automation system too.
The RBX1 platform –
designed for substations
StationGuard runs on the 19" platform RBX1, which has been specially developed to be installed in substations.
The RBX1 provides the highest possible degree of security.
- Passive cooling, no moving parts
- Error correcting memory (ECC RAM)
- IEC 61850-3 and IEEE 1613 certified
- Watchdog / fault signal contact
- Secure cryptoprocessor
- Secure boot
- Fully encrypted hard disks
- Signed and encrypted updates
- Secure production process
"StationGuard is really easy to use. I'm presented with all the information I need clearly in a familiar layout – with only few IT jargon. And all this in the OMICRON quality that we are used to."
Head of Substation Automation Systems
Centralschweizerische Kraftwerke AG
"The team behind StationGuard comprises cyber security specialists, working together with protection and control experts. It is this pooling of expertise from both worlds that makes StationGuard so successful."
- Easy to understand alarms thanks to ZeroLine™ diagram
- Save time in alarm analysis
- Analyzes substation protocols in depth
- Full protection during routine testing thanks to maintenance mode function
- Easy integration of alarm messages due to binary contacts and Syslog interface
We make life easy for you – Expert Support
If an alarm indicates prohibited or non-standard-compliant behavior, the StationGuard experts are on hand to help you evaluate the cause. A profile of your substation can also be created on request to offer an alarm analysis targeted specifically for your site and its devices.
In addition to our Technical Support team, who are available 24/7, StationGuard Export Support helps you to evaluate alarms and perform network capture analyses.
Submit the form to download our latest paper on the topic "Detecting cyber intrusions in substation networks".