Universal relay test set and commissioning tool
Powerful six-phase relay testing and more
The CMC 356 is the universal solution for testing all generations and types of protection relays. Its powerful six current sources (three-phase mode: up to 64 A / 860 VA per channel) with a great dynamic range, make the unit capable of testing even high-burden electromechanical relays with very high power demands.
The CMC 356 is the first choice for applications requiring the highest versatility, amplitude and power. Commissioning engineers will particularly appreciate its ability to perform wiring and plausibility checks of current transformers, by using primary injection of high currents from the test set.
- Powerful current sources for testing even high-burden electromechanical relays
- High current amplitudes for 5 A relay testing
- High accuracy and versatility for testing static and numerical relays of all types
- Integrated network for testing IEC 61850 IEDs
- 10-channel analog measurement and transient recording functionality (option)
Compatible operating software
Specifically designed for settings-based protection testing with a high degree of automation, our modular software Test Universe offers numerous functions and application-optimized test modules that save you valuable time.
With its novel and future-oriented approach our software solution for system-based protection testing, performs tests independent of relay type, relay manufacturer, and offers extensive parameter settings. It focuses on the correct behavior of the protection system by simulating realistic events in the power system.
Use CMControl P for quick and easy manual testing. CMControl P is available as an App for Android tablets and Windows PC, or as a dedicated front-end device.
With this software the CMC test set becomes a multifunctional measurement and recording unit. You can use EnerLyzer in parallel with the software used for operating your CMC.
The open programming interface CMEngine enables you to integrate the CMC test sets into your own testing environment and control them within any type of application.
ELT-1 (EnerLyzer and Transducer) Hardware Option
- turns the 10 binary inputs into multifunctional analog AC and DC measuring inputs. In connection with the EnerLyzer-SW-license, this function allows to use the CMC 356 as a 10 channel current and voltage transient recorder, measurement device for amplitude, phase, frequency, power (S, P, Q), harmonics, trend recorder etc.
- adds DC measuring inputs (0 ... 10 V / 0 ... 20 mA) to the CMC 356 test set. DC measuring inputs can be used for testing measurement transducers.
LLO-2 Hardware Option
This option adds additional 6 low level outputs to the CMC 356. The total amount of generators that can be controlled by the test set is extended from 16 to 22. The low level outputs can be used to directly test relays with low level inputs or can be used to control additional external amplifiers such as the CMS 356.
The low level outputs can simulate signals from non conventional CTs and VTs with low level interfaces. Unique is that Rogowski-coil signals can be simulated not only steady state but also for transients.
Testing of protection and measurement equipment
CMC 356 - Universal relay test set and commissioning tool