Ultra-high frequency partial discharge measurement and analysis system
Our UHF 800 system enables you to perform partial discharge (PD) measurement and analysis with high sensitivity in the ultra-high frequency (UHF) range of 100 MHz to 2 GHz. It offers a reliable partial discharge testing alternative to conventional PD measurements according to the IEC 60270 standard for insulation condition assessment and insulation defect detection in testing environments with high levels of interference due to external noise. UHF 800 performs either single-channel or synchronous multi-channel offline and online UHF PD measurements. Adjustable measurement filters allow you achieve an optimal signal-to-noise ratio, even during onsite PD testing. It is recommended for use on gas-insulated switchgear (GIS) and gas-insulated lines (GIL), oil-filled power transformers and high-voltage cable terminations. The UHF 800 system's portable and modular design allows a quick and easy setup for UHF PD testing in high-voltage laboratories and testing bays, on-site commissioning (site acceptance testing) and troubleshooting.
UHF 800 at-a-glance
Reliable insulation condition assessments
On-site PD measurements specified by the IEC 60270 standard are often affected by noise in the surrounding environment. PD measurements performed in the Ultra-High Frequency (UHF) range of 100 to 2000 MHz present a reliable PD measurement alternative for detecting insulation defects. This is because numerous noise sources, such as mobile communications, radar signals, and corona discharges, predominantly transmit in lower or narrow frequency ranges. PD measurements performed in the UHF range therefore result in an optimal signal-to-noise ratio to ensure PD measurement sensitivity with little or no interference from external noise for defect detection and insulation condition assessment.
Combined PD measurements for complete insulation status checks
The UHF 800 can be used as a stand-alone PD measurement and analysis system, or it can also be easily integrated with our MPD 800 PD measurement and analysis system for combined conventional and ultra-high frequency PD measurements. Multiple UHF 800 and MPD 800 PD data acquisition units can be connected together in the same measurement setup for simultaneous, multi-channel PD measurement and analysis using the same MPD Suite software.
- Highly sensitive ultra-high frequency (UHF) PD measurements in the range from 100 to 2000 MHz.
- Spectrum Evaluation feature and adjustable measurement filters for optimal signal-to-noise ratio in noisy environments.
- Robust and flexible for PD measurements in laboratories, testing bays and in the field.
- Supports CIGRE “Application guide for sensitivity verification” (Brochure 654)
- Single-channel or synchronous multi-channel off-line and on-line UHF PD measurements on gas-insulated switchgear (GIS), oil-filled transformers and HV cable terminations.
- Configurable user interface for individualized PD testing and customized reporting
Routine and type testing in high-voltage laboratories and test bays, as well as onsite commissioning (acceptance testing) and troubleshooting in the field on:
- Gas-Insulated Switchgear (GIS) and Gas-Insulated Lines (GIL)
- Oil-Filled Power Transformers
- HV Power Cable Terminations
“Our UHF 800 ensures sensitive PD measurements for off-line and on-line testing of gas-insulated switchgear (GIS) and lines, oil-filled power transformers and high-voltage cable terminations. Users can easily select the best signal-to-noise setting for PD measurements in their testing environment.”
Get in touch
Need more details?
Get a quotation?
Request for a demo?
Contact us now