Hatch-type UHF sensor
The UHT1 is a hatch-type UHF sensor used with our MPD 600 system for detecting PD inside power transformers. The UHT1 sensor is installed permanently on the surface of a tank of oil-paper-insulated transformers, which e.g. do not have oil drain valve for an UVS610.
The UHT1 provides you with an oil-tight dielectric window permeable to electromagnetic waves. It measures PD from inside the power transformer in the ultra-high frequency (UHF) range. This high-frequency measurement method enables suppression of external noises, such as corona on high-voltage lines.
The UHT1 sensor's electromagnetic measurements can also be used to trigger acoustic PD measurements used in PD localization.
The placement and the number of UHT1 sensors installed on a transformer depends on the measurement application. The installation of multiple UHT1 sensors greatly enhances PD detection sensitivity.
- Designed for permanent installation on the surface of power transformers tank
- Creates an oil-tight dielectric window permeable to electromagnetic waves
- Decouples PD signals from inside power transformers in the UHF range
- Enables suppression of external noises, such as corona
- Can also be used as a trigger source for acoustic PD measurements
- PD detection inside oil-paper-insulated power transformers without oil flanges
- Triggering of acoustic PD measurements used in PD localization