Hatch-type UHF sensor
Measure partial discharge inside power transformers
The UHT1 is a hatch-type UHF sensor for detecting partial discharge (PD) inside the tank of oil-paper-insulated transformers, which do not have an oil drain valve for an UVS 610 sensor. It is installed permanently on the transformer tank surface and provides you with an oil-tight dielectric window permeable to electromagnetic waves. The UHT1 sensor measures PD in the ultra-high frequency (UHF) range, which enables the suppression of external noises, such as corona on high-voltage lines.
Triggers acoustic PD measurements
The sensor's electromagnetic measurements can also be used to trigger acoustic PD measurements used in PD localization. The placement and the number of UHT1 sensors installed on a transformer depends on the measurement application. The installation of multiple UHT1 sensors greatly enhances PD detection sensitivity.
- Designed for permanent installation on the surface of power transformers tank
- Creates an oil-tight dielectric window permeable to electromagnetic waves
- Decouples PD signals from inside power transformers in the UHF range
- Enables suppression of external noises, such as corona
- Can also be used as a trigger source for acoustic PD measurements
- PD detection inside oil-paper-insulated power transformers without oil flanges
- Triggering of acoustic PD measurements used in PD localization