Advanced overcurrent, distance, and differential protection testing with CMC
Expand your testing skills in theoretical and hands-on sessions in small groups. You will get familiar with advanced protection testing approaches in order to get the most out of your OMICRON testing solution.
- Perform commissioning, trouble-shooting and periodic tests of protection relays
- Refresh and expand your knowledge of overcurrent, distance and differential protection
- Use XRIO converters (relay models) and test templates efficiently
- Significantly reduce your testing time by using automated test routines
- Reuse automated test templates to enhance your test quality
- Combine settings-based testing (Test Universe) and system-based testing (RelaySimTest) for best test coverage
- Short wrap-up of the test plans created during the preceding course
- Creating test plans, applying test automation, and hands-on testing
- Directional and inverse overcurrent protection (IDMT)
- Distance protection: starting schemes, synchrocheck, power swing blocking
- Testing of additional functions: switch-onto-fault, autoreclosure, synchrocheck
- System-based testing of differential protection relays
- Transformer differential protection (including restricted earth fault)
- Line differential protection including end-to-end testing
Technical staff from utilities & companies working mainly in commissioning or maintenance testing
“Automated distance and differential protection testing with CMC” or equivalent knowledge
Test Universe & OMICRON Control Center (OCC)
Protection Testing Library (PTL)
ADMO (Data management)
„It is really amazing and pretty easy for me to understand the matter with the examples the trainer has carried out.“
Through our courses, you will gain thorough knowledge of assets and applications in electrical power systems.
Benefit from an efficient mix of live presentations of the device, logically arranged theory content and practical measurements.
You will receive comprehensive manuals for later reference.