Introduction to Traveling Wave Protection with RelaySimTest and TWX1
Advances in protective relay technology have facilitated the widespread use of relays that operate in the time domain for protection and fault location. While traveling wave protection is free of the operating speed and fault location accuracy limitations inherent in traditional phasor-based relay algorithms, commissioning these systems requires new knowledge, new techniques, and new tools. Attend this webinar to learn about traveling wave protection and how to use the system-based approach of RelaySimTest and the TWX1 traveling wave accessory with your CMC for thorough - yet easy – tests of this new technology.
- Understand the basics of traveling wave protection including settings, logic design, and installation of traveling wave protection systems
- Learn how RelaySimTest software and the TWX1 accessory are used to test traveling wave relays under close to realistic conditions
- Experience a live demonstration of this type of testing
- Fundamentals of traveling wave protection
- Traveling wave protection testing and commissioning requirements and considerations
- System-based testing approach with RelaySimTest and the TWX1 accessory
- Laboratory testing demonstration including setup, execution, and analysis of results
Please use your official Email ID to register for this recorded webinar*.
*For the recorded webinar, we are using “Cisco Webex Events”. This is a Cisco Webex Meetings solution made available by Cisco Systems Inc. (San Jose, California, USA) to conduct our training sessions. For that purpose, your data submitted in the registration process needs to be forwarded to Cisco.
Technical staff from electric utilities, service companies and manufacturers involved in protection testing
No previous course or knowledge of RelaySimTest is required. A basic understanding of relay testing is beneficial to maximize your learning experience.
- RelaySimTest Software
- CMC Family
„What really impresses me is the flexibility of the trainer to answer all the questions with the right method for each and every person.“
Through our courses, you will gain thorough knowledge of assets and applications in electrical power systems.
You will receive comprehensive manuals for later reference.
Our experienced trainer takes your specific questions into account during the training. Every participant has the possibility to discuss questions with the group members and the trainer.