Live Online Training: Automated overcurrent protection testing with CMC
You will learn how to efficiently test overcurrent relays with the OMICRON Test Universe. Become familiar with the test procedures in theoretical and live demo sessions and get to know the benefits of automated testing.
- Get familiar with the CMC test set and the Test Universe software for testing overcurrent protection relays
- Get to know important safety aspects for test preparation and execution
- Refresh your technical knowledge of overcurrent protection
- Become more efficient in testing by using automated test plans
- Generate test reports customized to your needs
- Know the OMICRON support options including technical support, knowledge library and the worldwide community
- Overview of protection testing basics
- Introduction to the OMICRON Control Center (OCC) and relevant test modules
- Modelling of the relay characteristics in the Test Object for subsequent testing
- Test setup and configuration options for the CMC test set
- Quick current and voltage output for easy wiring tests
- Fundamentals of non-directional overcurrent protection functions
- Creating a reusable test plan (OCC file) for testing non-directional overcurrent relays including
- testing the pick-up values of the first and second stage
- testing the trip times of the first and second stage
- customization of the automatic test report
- Live-demo of non-directional overcurrent protection testing
Technical staff from utilities or companies working mainly in commissioning or maintenance testing
Basic knowledge of power system protection
Test Universe: QuickCMC, Ramping, Pulse Ramping, State Sequencer, Overcurrent
OMICRON Control Center
„All topics were very interesting and very well presented by the instructor.“
Benefit from an efficient mix of live presentations of the device, logically arranged theory content and practical measurements.
You will receive comprehensive manuals for later reference.
Our experienced trainer takes your specific questions into account during the training. Every participant has the possibility to discuss questions with the group members and the trainer.