Partial discharge diagnostics on MV and HV cables with the MPD series
Become familiar with the basic principles of partial discharge measurements applicable for cables using the MPD 800 system.
Learn to measure and locate partial discharge activity on cables with hands-on sessions on a 15 kV medium voltage cable. Get a systematic introduction to the interpretation of test results.
- Measure and locate partial discharges on medium voltage and high voltage devices with the MPD 800
- Learn to use time-domain reflectometry and time of flight to locate PD in cables
- Perform measurements to determine the insulation condition and identify fault types and fault location
- Getting to know the MPD system
- Understanding how partial discharges are measured
- Connecting the MPD to cables
- Getting to know the MPD software for efficient measurements
- Performing partial discharge tests according to IEC 60270 and other relevant standards
- Performing real partial discharge measurements in hands-on sessions
- Getting to know PRPD, TDR, ToF and sTDR
- Interpreting partial discharge test results
- Handling interferences
8am - 5pm
You will receive a tentative confirmation within a couple days of registering. Do NOT purchase any flights until you receive the FINAL confirmation confirming that we will still be hosting the in-person class.
This class is eligible for PDH and NETA Credits.
Technical staff from manufacturers, electric utilities, railway and service companies to be involved in partial discharge testing and condition assessment of cables
Basic knowledge of PD measurements
MPD 800 and accessories
„It’s nice that the instructors actually know what they’re talking about.“
Through our courses, you will gain thorough knowledge of assets and applications in electrical power systems.
Benefit from an efficient mix of live presentations of the device, logically arranged theory content and practical measurements.
Our experienced trainer takes your specific questions into account during the training. Every participant has the possibility to discuss questions with the group members and the trainer.